HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blooozboy

Ageism

32 posts in this topic

No way, I ran into a guy riding a quad up a pretty tough hill. He stopped to talk, he was 80. I plan on riding until I physically can't. I'm 38 and as look back, motorcycles are one of the few things that have been constant in my life. One of the few things left from my childhood that I still have. I am going to go chant in the woods now.

People advising you obviously don't know the thrill of ripping through the woods on a WR450. I'm 41 in 1 week and have no intention of stopping. Of course, the crash recovery is a little tougher!

I'll be 45 monday.And yes recovery is a lot different but just ride smooth and you should be able to go for a long time.

As often quoted before...

"You don't quit riding motorcycles when you get old....you get old when you quit riding motorcycles!"

44 here and I don't plan on quitting anytime soon. Granted I don't ride near as hard as I used to or take as many risks but I'm still having fun! :applause:

It's true, you don't heal as fast as you use to but give up riding? :applause: Never!!! I will be 59 in Feb. Have had my 05' WR450 for 10 months now. Still riding a CR480R which I have owned for 21 years. They will bury me with one of these under my butt. :ride::p:p

I'm 47 and if I gave up motorcycles I might as well be dead. None of the 20-somethings I ride with complain when I stop to let them catch up. :applause:

Just turned 59 here. Sitting at home recovering from a broken Tib - Fib six weeks ago. People ask, " are you going to give up riding now?" I say no way. Been racing/riding for 35 years, this is my first major injury. I may try to keep it on the ground a little more from now on. Doctor says I'll be 100% when it's all done. If it's your passion, you gotta do it. I ride with a bunch of 30 and 40 year olds and they keep up with me just fine!

48 here and I'm just getting started. I'm the youngest of all the guys I ride with. I'm still riding sport bikes too, as are most of my riding buddies...no gold wings for these guys!

I'm 45 and still kicking. I broke 3 ribs about a month ago but I'm happy to report that the bike is fine! My buddy came out from Utah for a combo dirt & super sport long weekend. We started with dirt, had a great day right up to the point where I slammed down on the way back to the truck. Off to the ER. Spent the next day in agony. I don't know how many of you have had broken ribs but there's no position you can be in that doesn't hurt. A lot. Except one: The position you're in when riding a motorcycle! We were about to cancel the super sport part of the weekend when I sat on my FJR and suddenly I was pain free. I said f*** it, packed a bag and spent the next 2 days tearing up the north coast. My wife wasn't impressed but I had a great time.

Im 27 but only started riding motorcycles less than a year ago...

i already feel like im too old for this.

I'm 45 as well...and would never give it up. I'm not the fastest, but I am the most devious of the group we ride with.

Broke my foot a year ago, and it took a little longer than the broken bones used to to heal up, and my knees swell up for days after a hard weekend of riding, but I still won't quit

Started when I was 33...................................only 34 now, but I wont be giving it up............ever, it's my new passion.

I'm 47 and if I gave up motorcycles I might as well be dead. None of the 20-somethings I ride with complain when I stop to let them catch up. :p

My hero! :ride::p:applause:

Started when I was 33...................................only 34 now, but I wont be giving it up............ever, it's my new passion.
Wow, same here. I got bit hard by the dirt biking bug. Im obsessed. :applause:

I'm almost 47 and have no intention of hanging it up. Just had the pleasure of meeting a guy recently who celebrated his 60th by doing one-handed wheelies on his old Honda! :applause: Now that's inspiration to keep on ridin'!!

Still riding a CR480R which I have owned for 21 years. They will bury me with one of these under my butt.

Thats the spirit!

I'm 45 and am faster now than when I was 25. I just ride smarter now...less risk taking.

Just ride! Remember, every day that you skip a chance to ride is a ride opportunity thats gone forever. Don't worry about those chores they'll still be there when you get back!

i hadn't every ridden a motorcycle ever until i was 27 when i rode the inlaws old honda 100 around their property. the very next time i was 30 and i've been riding ever since, more and more every year. this year (i'm 35 now) i have about 900 miles of dirt in and i love it.

remember, slow is smooth and smooth is fast.