just got a new (used) bike 85 600R

An XR seat cover will fit. I had to replace mine on my 83 way back in the day. The fender could be a challenge. An XR unit will probably fit too.

Dual carbs eh? How easy does that thing start?

The thing about the dual carbed bike, well at least mine, it starts first kick or it will take 20. Its really inconsistant. I think Ive figured out a drill, but it makes no sense but it works. When its warm, 1 kick..no start..choke it, one kick..no start, turn choke off 1 or two more, it normally starts. When its cold, choke, kick and away you go..

shes a beast, good luck.

I'm thinking you need a new rear tire.

Not sure, though.

:applause:

Nice old machine!

I love my 97. Can't wait to be riding it in 12 more years! (if it lasts that long)

I found that on my dual carb XR it was picky about starting with the wrong pilot jet. Too lean and it would be a bear to start cold even with the choke and too rich it wouldnt want to start hot. The air screw seemed to only affect how well the bike idled

The XR6 duals have a range of pilots availabe, but the 250R carbs do not. Mine was too lean from uncorking so I tried drilling one with a jeweler's drill bit, but then it ended up too rich.

But all in all with the pilot dialed in the bikes will light one kick every time.

Its not running now, but when i had it before i could start it fairly easy. It def needs new tires, but i am going to wait and see how much it cost to fix the motor before i get, the seat, fender, tires. If it cost over 500 or 600 to fix the issues with the valves i may just get a newer bike.

How much differance in the way a new xr 650L would ride as compaired with this one, for just riding around town and ocasonialy off road. Would i notice a huge diferance?

I'm thinking you need a new rear tire.

Not sure, though.

:p

Nice old machine!

I love my 97. Can't wait to be riding it in 12 more years! (if it lasts that long)

maybe a seat cover and tail light :applause::ride:

I was able to get my old bike back for $300, now i just have to fix the, bent valve, seat, and rear fender.

PQUOTE]