Low Idle When Cold - 01 YZ426

Anyone else have this happen? Seems like it has just been getting worse and worse. As it warms up the idle gets higher again. Any ideas?

If it's getting progressively worse, I'm guessing time to clean the carb?

In my experience, the hotter the bike gets, the higher it idles. When it's fully warm after a few laps around the track or a mile or so around the trail, lower the idle and that's pretty much what you need to stick with. That's just how it plays out with me, and I have a VERY clean carb.

In my experience, the hotter the bike gets, the higher it idles. When it's fully warm after a few laps around the track or a mile or so around the trail, lower the idle and that's pretty much what you need to stick with. That's just how it plays out with me, and I have a VERY clean carb.

Same here, on just about all of my bikes - CRs and YZs. I often have to reset the idle once or twice each ride.

It most likely means that the bike is a bit rich, when cold, but it does not mean that it needs to be leaned out.

Hmmmm......I've never noticed my idle increasing through any ride, with any bike I've ever owned. I guess I need to pay more attention........

:applause: