2003 Yz450

I have a question. My wife is pregnant and I need to sell my 2003 YZ450 soon. I have posted on the classifieds here but was curious if anybody has any suggestions on the best way to sell.

The bike is very clean and has extras. I am located in the Tampa Bay area of FL.

Beau..............

You need to post pics of the bike...new kid on the way than you must have a digtial camera. I would post an ad on the local Florida dirt bike sites. I have never had any luck with cycle trader printed or online...that might just be my luck. With the new re-ramped 2006 YZ450F hitting dealers any day it will be tough selling the old style 2003-05 450F. Just be patient it has taken me anywhere from one month to six months to sell a mx bike.

Good luck and congrats on the new family!

Ordinarily, I'd come over with 25 people and stand in front front of all the grocery stores with 6 color flyers for you, but I'm a little busy this week. ?

:applause::ride:? I didn't know you had a sense of humor Gray. Thanks, I needed that, thats probably the funniest thing I've heard all day.

Good luck, I had my 2003 YZ450F up for sale for about a year (while I was riding it) when the green sticker laws changed as I wanted to get a 2002 model. Ended up buying a KTM for summer and riding the YZ during the winter as it just would not sell for enough.

I didn't feel like giving it away cause it was and is a great bike.

I'd try cycle trader, but there might be some much cheaper ones there. Also try local MX tracks, papers, etc.

Cheers,

Thanks for the help. The idea of sitting on it for year is not going to work. With a baby coming. I am also going to try and attach some photos. I can also e-mail them if anybody id interested

I am asking but $3000 but would consider all offers.

Go put it in front of your local parts store or chain it up to a telephone pole w/ your number.

Curb appeal man!!?!! Go get someone to drive by it on his way to work everyday, if he's got just an inkling of a rider in him he'll at least stop and take a look.

Plus you can tell him with a straight face that its the hardest hitting four stroke built.

And dude..$2999 not $3000. People think they're too smart for it but they're not. It still works.

Just bought a mint 03 loaded for $2800-00 There are some very competitively priced bikes out there. You may need to come down in $$ to move it fast. The guy I bought from wanted $3400 & had it on the market for a long time. He jumped at $2800 cash.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

I just mentioned selling my 03 yz a few weeks ago and had two offers in less than a week for what i was gonna ask for it - just from people talking about it i guess. It helps, that both guys know me and see me out riding all the time, and they knew all i had done to it and how well i take care of it. It's funny my 03 gets mistaken for an 04 or 05 (even though its obvious to anyone that knows the differences) with over 200hrs on it.