MSR Raptor Clutch Perch

I know this has been discussed before, but I'll bring it up again for those who haven't tried one. My 99 WR4 has alway's had a heavy clutch pull, new cables help some but not much. Yesterday I put on the msr raptor clutch perch & lever, today I put it to the test in some very tight single track, lot's of up and down work with some switchbacks for good measure. Wow what a difference, pulls easier than a WR and YZ 250 that I was riding with. For once my left arm and hand had some feeling left in them at the end of a ride. Great product, just wish I hadn't waited so long to get one.....TW

------------------

99 WR400

BRC

NOHVA

AMA

Tdub,

What was the cost and is it available with the shortened lever? Does it use bearings at the pivot?

Thanks

Bill

------------------

99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP #4, 50PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

Bill

The suggested price is $36.00, believe I paid around 32 with discount from local shop. I have the standard length which was a bit of a touchy fit with bars cut to 28". They do have the shorty lever as an option. Doesn't use bearings, it's all in the angle. All I can say is that it works good........TW

------------------

99 WR400

BRC

NOHVA

AMA

ive had raptor on my bike for over a year.i love it.i just put shorty lever on it a couple weeks ago makes pull a little harder but still much easier than stock level and perch.

I've had a Raptor for yrs. As long as you can find a perch that doesn't break while you are installing it, they work great.

The short level is alittle iffy though. I think I'll switch back to standard length.