Quotes from ride report - 06 YZF450F

Here are some quotes from ADB mag which is the biggest selling mag in Australia on the all new 06 YZFF450F.

"Weapon of mass perfection"

"If one machine had to be sent to another world in order to represent the epitome of dirt bike engineering, the 2006 YZF450F could be the chosen one..."

"Yamaha has defied the laws of brute horsepower and created what could well be the most user-friendly rocket ship you will ever throw a leg over!"

"We've openly raved about the KX450F and the CRF450 as being the top contenders in ADB's upcoming shootout, and for good reason. But guess what, team blue has stepped up to the startline with one of the best all-round dirt bikes we've ever ridden... The 2006 YZF450F is going to be hard to beat."

"Its power output is matched perfectly to the throttle position and gives you a precise amount of drive without any lag or explosive burst. The absence of vibration is the standout though, you can really get a good feel for the surface you're riding on as there's very little interference through the handlebars - it's like you're digging into the dirt with your bare hands when you carve through a corner. The suspension and geometry of this bike is a really balanced package; it's stable at high speed, rails ruts like a 125, and will crack power-slides till the cows come home. It could easily be anybody's favourite bike."

"It's very predictable, a lot of fun and one of the best bikes I've ever ridden."

"This bike is a big improvement on the 05 model - the new frame combined with the awesome motor and suspension set-up is a perfect package for just about any level of rider. I'm very impressed with how responsive the motor is and how smoothly it delivers its power. For pros, this bike is very easy to ride fast and responds well to aggressive manoeuvres, especially when its rough."

For the record...like the FMF power bomb, the YZF450F comes standard with its own trick little ballooned header pipe!

This bike is going to rock! . I cant wait to hear the ride reports from the lucky TTers that will be riding them hopefully in a week or so.

I can't afford a new bike now, therefor you guys are hereby forbidden to talk about the 06' model unless you are to say how much it sucks. :applause:

reading stuff like this makes time go faster ...

... or not :applause:

I have a woody now thanks :applause:

NAH NAH NA H NA NAH I'm 1st on the list for a yellow 450!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While this is just another mag. it is sure sounding better than some of the other stuff I've heard!!!!

Talked to my buddy from Yamaha yesterday. First shipment will be going out NOV. 21st. :applause::ride::p

I can't afford a new bike now, therefor you guys are hereby forbidden to talk about the 06' model unless you are to say how much it sucks. :p

:applause::ride::p:p:lol: I'm paintin my frame gray and callin it an 06 :lol: Who will ever know :p

Im first on the list and mine is already paid for cash and paid $6,590 out the door........ But i havent been doing any riding cuz i sold my WR450 almost 4 months ago. :applause::p:ride::lol::p:p

Im first on the list and mine is already paid for cash and paid $6,590 out the door........ But i havent been doing any riding cuz i sold my WR450 almost 4 months ago. :applause::p:ride::lol::p:p

You're a better man than me. I sold my '04 CRF450R almost 3 months ago and couldn't wait! Have to wait until '07 for my YZF. You got very good OTD deal!

You're a better man than me. I sold my '04 CRF450R almost 3 months ago and couldn't wait! Have to wait until '07 for my YZF. You got very good OTD deal!

It hasent been easy the weather in vegas is just right for riding theres days i think im going crazy, And i know im making my wife crazy...... So i hope it comes soon... :applause::ride::p:p:lol:

The yellow ones are probably the best looking dirt bikes ever built in mass production. If the new 450 is that good, it'll be good for the sport in general. I'll be nice to see another color at the track too, besides red that is...