Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
muddza

Sprockets...What Are You Using? Where Do You Ride?

13 posts in this topic

I ride an '05' YZ450 and need to change my sprockets again but this time I wanna try something different but wanna take out the guess work. I ride a 50/50% trails and track and am prepared to purchase one set for each application......so what works for you???????? :applause:

I think stock on mine was 48 but I went with 50 in the rear. I might go back to 49 just for a little bit more top out of third. I would ride trails with mine but i have to get a quieter silencer first.

My 05 450 came with 51 tooth rear. I race all desert and needed more top speed, so I put on a 48. Worked way better for me. Jason

I just got my '03 yz450f and the guy said that for the track he used 14 and 51 and for trail he used 14 and 48. I have tried them both and they work perfect for me in each situation

03 450, use a 50 tooth blue anodized titanium based sproket from patriot racing sprokets, very expensive but longest lasting for me so far, ride mostly track and trail, hillclimbs

Stock gearing on my 05 is 14/51........I went with TAG sprockets in the 14/52 size. I ride only MX tracks. The main track I ride at is on the small side. I use 2nd or 3rd gear for the entire track. Another guy I race against has the same bike, and runs 13/51 combo, which gears it even deeper.

So can someone tell me....the higher the number of teeth in the rear makes the gearing lower?? :applause:

So can someone tell me....the higher the number of teeth in the rear makes the gearing lower?? :applause:

Correct.

I'm running 13/47. MX 90% trail 10% it's excellent! Mine was 14/48 stock and last year I ran 14/47. This year I ordered the wrong front (that's how I got the 13) put it on too see what it would be like. I'm gonna run it from now on.