PMB or Quiet is cool insert for 06 WR450?

I have the PMB and it is a well made piece. I have not seen the QIC up close but from looking at the pictures the QIC does not have the flare at the pipe end for flow that the PMB does. Also the PMB is made of stainless. Either one will do much better than the stock one. :applause:

You can knock the inner restrictor out of your 2006 muffler for free. Take off the outer cover that is held on with allen bolts. Then, drill out the two rivets that hold the inner tube. Pull REAL HARD on the inner tube and it should come out. This is what Yamaha recommends that you do to relieve back pressure, when you buy the GYT-R AIS Removal Kit. Obviously, if they thought they could have manufactured a new end cap that would have been a significant improvement over pulling out the inner tube, they would have made it a GYT-R part and charged a lot of money for it. Remember, that is what they did in 2003. Take the $59.95 that you just saved and buy something else that you need for your new ride. :applause:

You can knock the inner restrictor out of your 2006 muffler for free. Take off the outer cover that is held on with allen bolts. Then, drill out the two rivets that hold the inner tube. Pull REAL HARD on the inner tube and it should come out. This is what Yamaha recommends that you do to relieve back pressure, when you buy the GYT-R AIS Removal Kit. Obviously, if they thought they could have manufactured a new end cap that would have been a significant improvement over pulling out the inner tube, they would have made it a GYT-R part and charged a lot of money for it. Remember, that is what they did in 2003. Take the $59.95 that you just saved and buy something else that you need for your new ride. :applause:

The PMB insert IS a significant improvement over the stock baffle. I can claim this from experience. Removing the inner tube on the baffle did help, but not the amount that the PMB did. The PMB and QIS have larger tubes to relive more backpressure. This is the best money spent on the WR's next to a new pipe, but the cost is a lot less and the new pipes on the WR's are pretty good to start with. Some people like removing the baffle completely and leaving the SA screen in place, but the noise level goes up. The '03 and '04 inserts will not fit the '05 and '06's. Also buy the TT smog pump removal kit it is a much cleaner kit. Do the throttle stop, airbox mods, re jet and your good to go. :ride:

I have removed the inner baffle as per previous instuction here on TT. I just wanted to have the spout inside the end cap so that it would flow more freely out of the tail piece. All the free mods have been done. AIS removal kit is on its way from the TT store.

Are these inserts still 96db? I bought the PMB and nowhere on the packaging was any claims about 96 dbs. I was little surprised at how big the pipe is on the PMB insert. Also any one have a stock/modded 05/06 Yamaha insert for sale? Just in case I live in a communist state like Ca... :applause:

Hi Joe, Send me a PM and let me know what you want for it, thanks, Bob

Not sure what it is worth. The QIC was around 45-50 I think- maybe a third of that??? I have no idea... Make me a reasonable offer, whatever you think is fair.

ps- put on an 03 YZ450 exhaust today, really woke up the bike, sounds fine at idle, but a bit loud above that.

Not sure what it is worth. The QIC was around 45-50 I think- maybe a third of that??? I have no idea... Make me a reasonable offer, whatever you think is fair.

ps- put on an 03 YZ450 exhaust today, really woke up the bike, sounds fine at idle, but a bit loud above that.

How about $25 shipped to my door, I would guess that the shipping would be about $5 to Ca so $20 would be a little more than a third... :applause:

Are these inserts still 96db? I bought the PMB and nowhere on the packaging was any claims about 96 dbs. I was little surprised at how big the pipe is on the PMB insert. Also any one have a stock/modded 05/06 Yamaha insert for sale? Just in case I live in a communist state like Ca... :applause:

I had my 05 with a PMB insert sound checked at the last D-36 enduro I did and it tested at 94db. :ride:

• 1 month later...