HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
snmhanson

Want to 86 the ignition

9 posts in this topic

I just put a YZ number plate on my 05' WR450 and now I have my ignition switch hanging over the handle bars. I have done a search and found talk about getting rid of it but nothing from anyone who has actually done it. Anyone know what will happen if I take it out and how to do it? I can pull the wire from the harness no problem and I assume I would just need to splice two wires together to bypass the switch. Or maybe there's a better way to do it? Also, if the ignition is always on as it would be in this case is there too much draw from the battery? Thanks.

Matt

Here's how I did mine.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y67/RADRick1/?action=view&current=WR2YZ004.jpg

I used the start/run/stop switch from a TTR-250 and moved the on indicator light to a bracket I fabbed for my TrailTech computer that slides under the handlebar clamp.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y67/RADRick1/?action=view&current=WR2YZ003.jpg

The wiring is pretty easy if you can read a wiring diagram.

Looks pretty trick. I can't read a wiring diagram but I'll do it anyway. I just bought a TrailTech today as well so I think I'll try to do something identical to what you did unless someone can tell me how to do away with it all together. Thanks.

Matt

a psychotic fan hobbled him,and locked him up with a typewriter to write a novel :ride: no thats some serious hardware,i've got a small plate in my left fibia....i can't imagine that sort of pain :p hope ya heal well :applause: hey i see you have "hurricane" clamps,i used them before i changed my offset and thought they were awesome :p

Check out my mount in my Garage. A piece of aluminum will work also. I have never hit it and it's an easy install.

a psychotic fan hobbled him,and locked him up with a typewriter to write a novel :ride:
Thankfully, it was a work-related injury. :p
no thats some serious hardware,i've got a small plate in my left fibia....i can't imagine that sort of pain :p hope ya heal well :applause:
Now that the weather is changing I need a leg warmer or I get chills. I'm doing OK, though. The fractured calcaneus on the other leg is worse.
hey i see you have "hurricane" clamps,i used them before i changed my offset and thought they were awesome :p
Magazine-guy freebie. I like them, but they are a bit on the heavy side. They do keep the vibes to a minimum with the isolators, though, and I like the flip-around adjustment. I have another set but I have no idea what they fit. :lol:

Thankfully, it was a work-related injury. :applause:

If you don't mind me asking, "work-related" as in bailing out mid-air during a bike test?

I hope the recovery goes well. Good Luck.

If you don't mind me asking, "work-related" as in bailing out mid-air during a bike test?
Bailing out mid-air? Damn, I wish I would have thought of that! :ride:
I hope the recovery goes well. Good Luck.

Thanks! :applause: