HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
clark4131

Hinson Clutch Basket Glitch

5 posts in this topic

I just bought this Hinson Basket on eBay for $95. It's new, no wear marks at all, but there appears to be a small dimple in it from what can only be from a drill bit. It is very superficial, maybe 1mm deep at the most. I've attached a picture of it. Could this possibly become an issue? Many thanks...SC

HinsonBasket.jpg

I called Hinson today and asked them about it. It turns out it's a punch mark that they put on all the stuff they give to factory teams/riders. It's not for retail sale and that's how they keep track of the parts. Not bad for $95...SC

Not to rub it in, but I just scored the entire remaining Hinson clutch pack, inner hub & pressure plate, along with an entire OEM clutch plate setup with springs for another $325. So with everything, I spent $425 on the whole deal delivered. God I love eBay! :applause::ride::p:p:lol::p:p:lol::p:p;):p ...SC