Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bandit99

Boysen Quick Shot And Power Now Questions???

11 posts in this topic

If I recall right, there has been abundant discussions about that in the past in the WR4xx forum. Use the search tool, I'm sure you'll be pleased with what you find. :banghead:

I have both and I could take 'em or leave 'em. Of the two, I could feel a tiny difference with the PowerNow..SC

I have neither, try changing your leak jets and using INDYS jetting chart in conjunction with a JD jet kit :applause:

I have the JD jet kit and get a low end bog. I never changed the leak jet though. What size is stock? I see that most people are using a #40 for the leak?

I have one and it made so little difference that I took it back off and was going to sell it. That was with the stock exhaust.

After going to a full FMF Powerbomb /Q system, I rejetted, made sure the pump was adjusted corectly, did the leak jet mod and still had a bog at low RPM. So I put the quick shot back on and it cured the bog. Runs sweet now!

YMMV

$90 seems like alot for a minimal increase in response. I did the BK and rejetted, have no bog- so I think I'll save my cash.

Hey guys, I have a 2004 wr450f that is almost new. The battery is locked up and wont take a charge, the starter just clicks quickly. I jumped it with my truck and the started turns right over. should I keep my battery tender on for weeks at a time even though I'm riding often?

Maybe you should install a Quickshot and then think about a Power Now...Or did you intend to hijack this thread with something completely off topic?...Was that over the top? I can never tell :applause: ...SC

SC, as you are usually over the top, that wasn't such a ridiculous question. But in this case you were spot on. :ride:

I'd suggest new bars and then an exhaust. Newb's :applause: I was one once too.