3 posts in this topic

2005 WR450

Grey wire cut

AIS removed

Aftermarket exhaust tip

Airbox opened up with Uni filter

JDkit: 168 main, 48 pilot, blue needle 3rd position

Zip-ty screw 2 turns out

Bike mostly runs excellent, but now has a low throttle hestation. Doen't feel like a bog, the power cuts in and out somewhere between idle and 1/4 throttle. Adjusting the fuel screw doesn't seem to make a difference. Any suggestions?

I have a 05 wr450 that had the same issue. I would recomend trying a #40 leak jet for you in cali. Stock is a #50. I am using a #50 that I soldered closed and it is has almost completly eliminated my off idle bog. Try a search on AP pump adjusting or off idle bog. That is where I found most of the info I used.

Bike mostly runs excellent, but now has a low throttle hestation. Doen't feel like a bog, the power cuts in and out somewhere between idle and 1/4 throttle. Adjusting the fuel screw doesn't seem to make a difference. Any suggestions?

If you are talking about hesitation at steady throttle openings? If so, you will find lots of information if you search the WR4XX forum and the Jetting forum. Search for items like TPS, Stutter, ACV and you should find the info you need. There was a recent thread in the WR fourm about this exact topic:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295205&page=1&pp=10&highlight=poffer

Another one:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159518&parentpage=2&highlight=stutter

Hope this solves your problem. In short, disconnect the TPS and see if the problem goes away. If it doesn't really make a difference, than it is most likely jetting related. If it does, than your jetting is OK (not necessarily perfect!!). If you read the above posts (and others), you can reduce the hesitation by jetting correctly, but you will not completely eliminate it the hesitation (from what I rememer in any case) unless you disconnect the TPS.