HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shorte01

450 Valve Maintenance

5 posts in this topic

So I finally did it. After having my bike for about a year and a half, I finally had someone take a look at the valves. I know, I know, I probably waited way too long :banghead: And I figured I would take it back to the shop where I bought it, I consider myself somewhat mechanically inclined, but with little to no experience on motorcycles, so I figured I would fork out the money to have it done right the first time. When I went to pick it up, I was anxious to see what they found. 4 out of the 5 valves were still dead on, and one exhaust valve needed just one shim to bring it back to specs :banghead: I was stoked, and once again I know why I ride Yamaha , what a great bike!!

3 yrs on my 2003 450 and the valves are still spot on. I had a 2002 CRF 450 and in 1 yr 3 set of valves :banghead: . I to now know why I have a 2006 YZF ordered and my 2003 will get trellborgs/spiked winter studs on it and will be my winter bike. Honda will never see another bit of my money going towards one of there CRF's. I understand maitance but 3 sets in 1yr is a bit much. Plus I own 2 tracks and see CRF's being push started all the time as the valves go.

www.switchbackmx.com

www.highvoltagemxpark.com

3 yrs on my 2003 450 and the valves are still spot on.
Same story here. :banghead: But no matter how often I hear it, it still amazes me. My sundial gives me more trouble.

My sundial gives me more trouble.

:banghead: I hope you won't mind if I use that some time.

Has anuone heard of a wr 450 needing top end replacement every 8-10 hours? My bike shop is stating this is how frequently riders must expect to change tope end components in order to keep the wr's running. Are they just performing a dineroectomy on my wallet. My 03 does clang and has gotten worse since buying it new. Any help out there?