HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BIG RED

New record 102 mph

10 posts in this topic

Ripping up a long trail today i got my pig up to 102mph :banghead: must be the cool air because the best i have ever done was 97mph before this. :banghead:

sure takes a long time to stop at 100 mph on dirt, doesn't it?:lol:

Things start happening really fast for me past 70.:banghead:

But, i'm old...I like to live.

-T

PS: Damn that's fast. :banghead:

no it was on my old xr 600 digital speedo which i trust! unlike a trail tech this unit runs off the cable and has never even given me a glitch. my bike is a 650r

What back tire was that with? I had my stock engine (Header/muffler, Mikuni TM40, UNI) to 102mph with a IRC M5B using a GPS. I was cycling the rev limiter. With the stock tire I could only get 99+mph never quite over 100. All with 14/48 gearing. With 15/47 gearing and a 680cc engine, I have reached 118+ on Zoo road in Baja. I am now running 15/49 and a maxxis 7301HT and can just get over 113mph. All with a Garmin Vista.

i am running stock rear sprocket and a 15t front my engine is stock with a michelin cross ac rear tire. i was never able to break the 97mph before i think it is because i was riding at sea level almost out of fuel and it was about 4'C the cold thick air just turned it into a rocket. i was just a surprised to see it as you are to here it!

So how many to teeth are on your stock rear sprocket. :banghead:

My XR600 has a 13 tooth sprocket on the front and a 48 tooth on the rear.

I don't have a speedo. How fast do you think I could go with these sprocket settings. :lol:

102 mph, that's awseome. :busted::busted::banghead:

That would be 163 km/h. :busted: