HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wildchubby

Help with replacement turn signal

2 posts in this topic

I am in the middle of replacing the rear turn signals on a '83 Honda XL600. This bike is new to me and came without the signals. When I plug the signal into the appropriate connections under the seat the signals do not work.

Here is the current scenerio:

When new signals are plugged in the the left front signal works but not the rear. The front is on without flashing.

When I use the right signal neither the front or the rear works and I hear a buzzing sound comming from the battery compartment.

Any idea's on how to troubleshoot this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

you need a volt meter to find out if you have voltage to the connections first...then diagnos why you dont have voltage...

Sorry, I dont have much more for ya...

I had one of those brand new in 1983. I got into more damn trouble on that bike...When the motor is fresh, it'll wheelie in fifth on the freeway if you want to...Dont ask me why I know that...