HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GrForce

XR600 Inlet manifold de-restriction

2 posts in this topic

I have recently had some top end power problems with my 98 XR600. Whilst removing the carburettor to check main/pit/clean etc, I have noticed that the inlet manifold has had the restriction taken out (which is good). On closer inspection I have noticed that the inlet manifold has in fact been filed out internaly... so much so in one spot there is only a wafer thin gap between the sealing o-ring and the plastic/bakerlite inlet manifold.

This filed out manifold means that there is a 3-4mm overlap when the manifold is bolted to the engine. I think that this may create turbulance in the manifold at higher revs, thus creating my top end power problem

What do you think.

sounds like a potential problem there, should have been mated up, not over-enlarged ... turbulence potential, for sure