storm link

Has anyone tried the storm link for 04YZ450 yet?? Coming over to blue, after years of CR 2 strokes. Have set free sag and fork height, still can't get it to turn like I want. Have read threads about 22mm offset triple clamps. Link is more than half the price. If it works. :banghead:

I have it...I love it and I recommend it........my 03 turns so good now

This is the same thing that honda did to the 03 CRF450 vs the 02. Also a similar idea to the ZIpTY Magic link for the 98-01 bikes.

You basically raise the rear of the bike a bit to change the rake in the front. Does it/they work? yes

What will you have to do? Well set the sag again for one. After that, you may need to play with the clickers on the shock since the ratio will be changed by the different length link. I had to do a lot of tinkering on the 426 with the ZipTY link, but once there it was dialed. Much better than stock also!

I have one on my '03 450 too. It still does not turn like my KXF250 but it's better than it was, it is pretty good. It seems to have removed the top heavy feel in turns. It might have a little more head shake at higher speeds.

Works great and well worth the money :banghead: Storm says to set sag at 100mm for an 04. I got one after I posted the same thread a while back. Ga426 was totally right!!! Doesn't affect high speeds, you gotta remember the YZ450 is awsome at high speed tracking.

Go with an Enzo revalve if you got some $$$$( around $450) and you will be amazed. "Damn Ga426" my wife still gives me dirty looks :banghead:? You won't be dissapointed.