Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dwb0804

1985 xr 600

3 posts in this topic

HI

I posted earlyer this week about 650 vs dr 400.

Now the opertunity has come up for me to buy my old 600 from the guy i sold it two, however it is not in as good of shape as when i sold it. it has 5300 miles on it, there is a tare in the seet, the brakelight tale light assembly is broken, and it has a bent valve. Other than that the bike actuly looks very good no scratchs or dents. What should i offer the guy for the bike or should i stay away from it????

THX

-will

HI

Now the opertunity has come up for me to buy my old 600 from the guy i sold it two, however it is not in as good of shape as when i sold it. it has a bent valve. Other than that the bike actuly looks very good.

THX

-will

If your pinching pennies and want something to work on, go for it!

If you want something to ride, and ride fast, pass and wait for a better deal.

I don't know what your paying for it, but an older 600, with a bent valve, sounds like a bad thing. Valves just don't generally bend on their own, as something usually causes a valve to bend.

If price is right, and you have the money, the ability and the desire to work on it to make it right, then go for it.

Good luck with your decision.

If i could get it for a cople of hundred, could i get a seat, rear fender and have the valve fixed for 500?,