HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BRP-rider

Stock XR600R Horse Power???

13 posts in this topic

Does anybody know what the stock horsepower is on an XR600R? :banghead:

I read that it gets its peak power around 6500 rpm. :lol:

And that it produces 35 lbs/ft of torque. :busted:

The formula for Horse Power is.....

hp=rpm x torque divided by 5252 :busted:

So if you do... 6500 x 35 divided by 5252 :banghead:

That = hp=43

That seems like a logical calculation. :busted:

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yep,seems like youre on it since the torque and h.p. curves in a dyno should always meet or cross at 5200 rpm.go figure. :banghead:

so how much does a stock XRL make? and think of this... the 1972 XL250 (4 valve head , SOHC design like today and 248cc) made 18 HP, the 1974 XL-350, 28.

i didnt do mine like that i went to the drag strip and ran mine then used that formula from my time to get mine and it was somewhere around 40 also if i remember right may have been 38 was a while ago and many :banghead: ago

HP for a stock/derestricted XR6 was around the 32-33 mark at the rear wheel. Sounds like very little when compared to the 650R, which makes around 46, but there you go.

I had mine dynoed by a local shop when I first bought it. At the time it was stock, except for the Husky muffler. The dyno came back with 46hp at 6000rpm's. I have opened it up a bit since and now I am at 49hp at 5800rpm's. Not bad for a bike that weighs 282.

So you had your 600 dynoed and it was 46 hp stock.

Except for a less restrictive muffler it was stock.

Then you dynoed it again and it was 49 hp.

What after-market changes did you make on your bike to make it go from 46hp stock to 49hp?

So you had your 600 dynoed and it was 46 hp stock.

Except for a less restrictive muffler it was stock.

Then you dynoed it again and it was 49 hp.

What after-market changes did you make on your bike to make it go from 46hp stock to 49hp?

K&N Filter, pulled out the snorkel to the airbox, and rejetted. I cannot say that the muffler is less restrictive because it is stock on another bike. Tried a buddies aftermarket for one ride to see what I thought, but, didn't like the sound, so I went back to the Husky.

SONODROOPY,

Is there any chance you could send me a dyno chart(s) of when you had your XR600 dynoed stock.

Much aprecciated,

Thanks