HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveJ

Return of "Converting plastics - 426 to a 450"

22 posts in this topic

That post made it seem way harder than it is.

Moving the exhaust mounts? I don't think you even have to do that

That's because I make everything much harder than what it really is. :banghead:

As for exhaust, I don't think the 426 pipe will fit the 450 sub frame without moving something. Did you find otherwise?

i haven't finished it yet but it looked like it lined up.. I needed a new exhaust gasket first, but in Satch's post about the conversion he never said anything about that.

BTW i'm doing it from a 400. I'm just waiting to get all the plastics

hopefully my gytr carbon fiber will as well. But I still don't see how it being aftermarket would make it line up as opposed to stock.. they do still use the same mounting holes

I had to make a bracket to get my exhaust to bolt up with the WB-R4 I had when I first did the swap. I cant remember if I used it again with the new FMF -Q2 I use now. When I get home I'll take a pic of what I made.

here is a pic that shows the "mid pipe" of the T-4 mounting right up....and of course the muffler mounted up as well. Refresh my memory...was the stock pipe a two piece or a three piece like the PC T-4? the T-4 being a three piece may have given it the flexibility to fit without mods?

898dbe23.jpg

Stock is two piece and very unforgiving. Couldn't get it to accomodate the 450 subframe. My WB-R4 was two pieces held together with springs so I thought it would give, but no luck. Came a little closer than the stock pipe, but no dice. I made my bracket to bolt up the stock pipe, that way any aftermarket that was made for the 426 would work.

links to exhaust bracket pics

YZ426tankbrkt004.jpg

YZ426tankbrkt005.jpg

I made mine on a mill, but it could probably be made by bending some flat bar as well. My R4 pipe had the big rubber grommet at the mount, that's the reason for the shape.

I just waiting on my plastics but everything went smooth specially with the help of Mike who send me the templates for the tank brackets, My exhaust line up perfectly (Full Yoshy Ti) I will post pics as soon as i get done this weekeng.

Happy Thanks Giving to all

Jorge

I just waiting on my plastics but everything went smooth specially with the help of Mike who send me the templates for the tank brackets, My exhaust line up perfectly (Full Yoshy Ti) I will post pics as soon as i get done this weekeng.

Happy Thanks Giving to all

Jorge

Same here, just waiting on the plastics and the hardwear.. Hopefully this exhaust will line up haven't done that yet.

I am in the process of gathering all the parts for the conversion of my 01 426. Can anyone e-mail or pm me the tank bracket templates?

03 polisport plastics..................... $109

SDG Complte Seat NEW................ $79.00

Sub, Airbox & R. Master.................$145.00

03 Yz250F Tank...........................$108.00

One Desing Graphics.....................$39.99

Factory FX number plates..............$59.00

16 gauge sheet metal & bolts.........$14.00

Final Satisfaction .......................Priceless

But I sold my old stuff on fleeeebay and almost broke even

I did have to drill and tap where the bottom bolt goes in the radiator about 1/2" above where the original bolt goes other than that everything was a breeze

Thanks guys

Jorge

Waiting for my clutch to return from Magura , i'll try to borrow a cable and maybe will try it tomorrow

Thanks to everyone for the great post