HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
srhines67

I want to trail ride my 99 YZ 400 - to snatchy

5 posts in this topic

I love this bike. But, when I ride with my kids (slower) it is a lot of work riding along at an even speed. My YZ wants to wind not cruize. I also put a quiet core insert in my e series pipe to make it park friendly and my pipe ran hot and melted a hold in my rear brake res. Is there any way to make a YZ more trail friendly. I have already added 10oz of flywheel weight and changed the gearing a little. This helped but it still won't cruize at all. I need a little cruize capability. Any ideas or is it time to give up my nimble machine and get a WR.

Thanks.

I also put a quiet core insert in my e series pipe to make it park friendly and my pipe ran hot and melted a hold in my rear brake res.

The melted resivor is just the norm for the yamaha 's. The bloody resivor is too close to the exhaust and melts over time. They all do it. Check out your friends bikes. The back side of the resuvor will be bowed out towards the exhaust.

Thanks for the info. The pipe probably runs a little hotter with the silencer anyways. I'm not sure what the limit is though. It makes me wonder if the pipe is too hot and if it will hurt the motor.