Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WRBIGBOY

Big Man Suspension 2005 Wr 450

9 posts in this topic

you are going to have to respring it front and back. Stock springs are for a 150-200 pound person

I believe the heaviest shock spring you can get from Racetech is a 6.4 (their calc suggested a 6.2 for me) That's what I have and I'm about 260. It works well for me, but I might guess it's a hair on the light side. You may need more help than that. NCMountainman is a heavy feller; what did he do?

Anyone Out There Can Give Me A Idea What Suspension That Is Good For A 310 Man.

Terry? Is that you?? :banghead:

If not...sorry.

I think the factories need to start a new like of "Husky" bikes that have a little more power and super stiff suspension for us big guys. Imagine a WR500 BigBoy Edition! :banghead: "I'm not fat....I'm just big bonned!"

I think the factories need to start a new like of "Husky" bikes that have a little more power and super stiff suspension for us big guys. Imagine a WR500 BigBoy Edition! :banghead: "I'm not fat....I'm just big bonned!"

i'd like to R&D that one! i found a 6.6 from too tech racing in cali. i run .52's in the front with 7.5 wt instead of 5, subtanks really help you keep the oil level high to resist bottoming while retaining plushness. you'll more than likely want to go to yz valving,even for offroad :banghead: its a little trickier for your tuner but once you get it straight its great. good heavy tires w/UHD tubes are a must also.

Racetech recommends:

0.526kg/mm front springs and 6.4kg/mm rear spring for your weight.

I have 0.50 fronts and 6.0 rear and it has made the world of difference to the bike and my riding has improved heaps.

The shock valving seems fine, but I really feel the forks valving is absolute crap, probably good for a 50kg rider.

I recomend you get a tuner to set up your suspension properly, with revalving as well as the heavier springs.