Longer Throttle Cables

Where can I get a set other than a custom job? With the SUB mount and wider bars, my throttle cables are over tight at full lock. Thanks kids...SC

Cut the bars. :banghead:

reroute them to the inside directly down to the steering head and radiator from the throttle tube. My KTM is set up that way with taller bar mounts and wider bars. :banghead:

405.jpg317.jpg

I got some made by Motionpro. I think they were $60 and they will make them any length needed. I went 1.5 longer than stock after i did the submount since i was running tall bars also.

Where can I get a set other than a custom job? With the SUB mount and wider bars, my throttle cables are over tight at full lock. Thanks kids...SC

ireplace the throttle cables with mountain bike cables, it comes long cable withe fix end in one side and adjust end with screw to the other.

the cable is strong enough and easy to be install. :banghead:

I went with the custom Motion Pro cables, 1.5" longer than stock. Price was $60 + shipping and they'll be to me in a week. I'll post some pics of my control setup when it's complete...SC

Good post Clark. Now the SUBmount setup is $60+ further out of reach for me :banghead: . Between the top clamp, SUBmount, stabilizer, bars, hand guard mounts, and now the throttle cable, I'm going to be in almost 8 beans. Anything else I should know before I start collecting the parts?

Anything else I should know before I start collecting the parts?

Actually, Yes! It's likely your hot start cable will also be on the tight side and could cause it to hang open affecting your idle. I decided to move mine to the right side...see this post. You can overcome it without spending more $$$, but you'll have to move the clutch perch in about an inch. I've grown accustomed to it's position, so I moved the hot start. Plus, you get the added benefit of being unable to twist the throttle when you activate it on the right which forces proper hot starting...SC