HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dan_Lorenze

What do you guys think this dipstick temp gauge?

12 posts in this topic

If your running a stabilizer It kinda looks like it may be a pain in the ass to remove. I guess it just depends on your set up.

Also I don't really see a need for it.

nah, I reckon id kick it off with my boot. One hit from anything and its all over. I suppose you could keep the original with you though.

Check out XR's Only web site. They offer the same thing at half the price. No problems with fitting.

I reckon id kick it off with my boot

How would you kick it off with your boot?

A friend of mine has one on his XR. It's kinda cool but I don't really see the need.

I think its a cool way of knowing what going on in your motor!The only prob I had with mine is that the top is not sealed and if you lay the bike over the oil would run into the Gage,

I think its a cool way of knowing what going on in your motor!The only prob I had with mine is that the top is not sealed and if you lay the bike over the oil would run into the Gage,

I doubt if this is the case.

If your running a stabilizer It kinda looks like it may be a pain in the ass to remove. I guess it just depends on your set up.

Also I don't really see a need for it.

My 02 426 came with one but you are right, it's a pain in the a$$ with a steering stab, I had to loosen the clamp and spin it to the side everytime I wanted to check/change my oil so I put the stock one back in. I figure I can pull the stick after a ride and then take a reading with the thermo. Might not be a problem on a 450 because the dipstick is off to the side.

So this gauge goes into the stock location on the crankcase. The dipstick on my 04 WR, is up on the frame head. Anybody know for sure if these will fit 03 and later Wr's?

Link to gauge at Al Baker 's XR's

03-05 are in the same place.