Handle Bars ?????

I'm 6'3" 220lbs and need more room. My knees hit the H-Bars when cornering. Any recommendations on bars, top clamp, or both. Thanks for your help. ( Love this bike )

99 WR400

lid off

uncorked stock pipe

restricter screw cut

Here's a couple of suggestions. For bars,the Renthal Jimmy Button highs are the popular choice and for a cheap TC alternative. Find a used TC from a 2000 or later bike. The bar mounts have been moved 10mms forward.

Bill

------------------

99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP #4, 50PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

WR,

I would go to YZ timing and the jetting (if your below 3000') I have listed. While doing this, you probably want to find a used YZ pipe. I wouldn't spend the money on an aftermarket pipe, unitl they build a quieter pipe. YZ pipes can be found for around $100 or you might be able to trade a YZ guy looking to quiet his bike down. I'll assume since your bike is a 99, that someone has already upgraded the air filter??

For other mods, here are my thoughts:

Tires- 739's suck, Dunlop 755 or 756

Damper- great for reducing deflection, awesome in the woods and great on the track. Also reduces rider fatuige.

YZ Style seat and tank- big improvement in the corners, allows you to better weight the front end by moving further forward

Thumper or Flat Land rad guards- heaviest duty made, a lot cheaper then radiator repair

YZ Style- If you don't ride at night or need to keep track of miles. You can save a lot of weight by going to a YZ front number plate (you'll have to buy the YZ axle spacer and seal, also make a little bracket to mount the plate) Lighter rear fender.

Triple clamp mount handguards- keeps me safe when I bonk a tree :D, saves levers, strengthens/protects my Renthals and keeps roost and mud off.

MX-Tech suspenders- Bikes is plusher, yet handles big jumps better. The forks have a much more linear travel and when I come up short on a double ? the bike is much more forgiving. AWESOME customer service.

Bill

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited 08-23-2001).]

I bought the new Renthal Fat Bars $89. and a set of universal adapters $44. this weekend...up 1 inch on the mount and 3 inches on the bend...Man what a difference. ? I was going to buy the buttons but opted for the double wall hoping that this will be the last pair fo a while...Man what an open cockpit. :D

Bonzai... :D