Canadian Wholesale?

I used them for my 04'. Everything went great, I live just north of Seattle so I just met them at the border and we slid the crate from their truck into mine, I handed them the check and away we went.

Licensing in WA state is hit or miss........... they gave me a blank Canadian title that I was to fill out my self, I had to go to three different licensing departments to get them to believe me when I said I only paid $1,500.00 + a trade in........... but I did get a plate with no questions asked :banghead:

All in all it was a positive experience, my bike is a canadian model but don't always assume that you are getting canadian. If you want a canadian model you better specify that up front.

They were good guys to work with :banghead:

Has anybody ever used these guys to buy a new bike??

http://www.motorcycle-brokers.com/index.html

Yes, got my current WR450F from him, price was $5399 plus $200 to ship. Took about 1 month to get after I wired him the cash. His people skills are horrible, but he is a straight shooter and takes care of all the "customs" paper. Dont be afraid to buy from him, he was a regular advertiser in here also, not sure if he still is.

I've got my '04 WR from them too. My experience was about the same as toyota_mdt_tech.

One thing to check into, I thought there would be no state tax - wrong. Apparently, the state of Pennsylvania is notified because it was imported. Had to pay state tax on $5500. I still saved about $600-700 over the best deal I could find locally.

Overall, I would probably go that route again.

I used them several years ago for a YZ426F and TTR-125 when the exchange rate was much better. Everything went well, we met at a pull-off on I-5 and did the deal. I did end up paying WA sales tax because I wanted to tag the bikes so I could ride in the local parks. Still I saved about $1500 on both bikes in 2003 $$

I've got my '04 WR from them too. My experience was about the same as toyota_mdt_tech.

One thing to check into, I thought there would be no state tax - wrong. Apparently, the state of Pennsylvania is notified because it was imported. Had to pay state tax on $5500. I still saved about $600-700 over the best deal I could find locally.

Overall, I would probably go that route again.

Yes, I have to pay sales tax also, this will vary on state laws. To get my plate and title, I paid an additional $527. But still cheap. I was taxed on $5599, not $6499 as it would of been if I bought new from a local dealer. But saving money wasnt my primary concern, it was to get it plated in my state. The savings was just the result of buying from him and was secondary, but I didnt complain. For those who are thinking about it, this is the perfect time to get the best prices from him as the new models roll in and he is clearing out old stuff. Mine was still in its orignal crate which was just a metal cage. Was wrapped in a clear "Saran Wrap" stuff. I have to only boly on the handlebars, fill it with gas, oil and hook the battery up. Checked all the hardware for tightness, thats it. Has been flawless since. Another advantage I wasnt expecting was i didnt need to change throttle stop, cut a grew wire, remove snorkel, change jetting, it came already all uncorked. It was a Canadian Australian, New Zealand and ZA model bike. Oh, all the labels were in english and french, they were the first items to come off! I have no warning labels at all. .

I've bought a total of 9 WRs from Canada.. (Not the broker we're talking about) but from a dealer. I used to get them below 5k. I like the fact that they had clean VIN numbers with no "3" or "C" in the 8th position on the VIN number, I could always manage to get a plate. But with the US dollar getting weaker and weaker it became less appealing to me. Also, the CA DMV is getting very strict with vehicles coming from Canada. Now that all new wrs with come with clean VIN numbers it almost doesn't make sense (for me). Shipping and customs added up.

Dan :banghead: