HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GlocksRock

Another starter button question

6 posts in this topic

The last ride I was on I broke my starter button. So I ordered a Tusk kill switch from rocky mountain. Maybe I got sent the wrong part or something cause the whole assembly is about a foot longer than the stock one, plus the connectors are completely different. I was thinking I would just cut the wires of the new assembly to match the length of the stock unit, then just solder it to the old connectors. But is there a positive or negative? If so I don't see a way to tell.

I don't know anything about this crap.

It does not matter....no polarity to worry about, all you're doing is hooking up a momentary, normally open switch...

I got real tired of the stock buttons losing the little grey plastic inner portion of the button and bought a starter button assembly from a Honda CRF250X. You still have to save the old connector and solder/shrinktube the splice, but it works flawlessly and does NOT lose the little grey (or red for the kill button) inner plastic any more.

After 3 button Yamaha Button replacements, I figured it was time for a change to something that works and is not as cheaply made as the aftermarket bottons you can find. :banghead:

Rainman_WFO