HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
minifig-phil

Get your Kit Yamaha parts

7 posts in this topic

This is the Rinaldi stuff over in Europe.....man that 479 kit sure looks interesting...

Of more interest the "2006" 450 kit - I guess they have had time to test a new bike for Stefan Everts and come out with cams, CDI etc.... for it.

I guess you would have to purchase through a Yami dealer in Europe and have it shipped here......which is not that big a deal until you have a problem.....

Of more interest the "2006" 450 kit - I guess they have had time to test a new bike for Stefan Everts and come out with cams, CDI etc.... for it.

The whole 2006 450 engine is basically the same as 2005 apart from minor changes. Isn't the kit they offer same as for 2005? That would explain why the kit is already "available" :banghead:

Yes, new cases make it look like totally new but basic construction is the same with improvements for 2006:

Changed cylinder head angle

Dry sump oil tank inside the front of the crankcase (removed external oil lines)

Redesigned piston, crankshaft and connecting rod

Oil jet directed piston bottom

Five-speed gearbox

Carburetion and exhaust changes

:banghead: