Keyed ignition switch?

Thats a nice piece, but its got a steering lock on it I dont need.

The one at Fourstrokes only is only 27 bucks and is exactly what I want...but the guy is a wild card...what do I expect from a racer...he's prolly out racing, getting ready to race or practicing... :banghead:

I'll probably bite the bullet and just call him and order it...I can ride it without it...

If I had an XR650 that had the provision for a steering lock, Id consider it. But since Im messing around with an 83" XR500R a guy gave me in four separate boxes, that Ive been able to put together ride and register street legally for less than 250 bucks, Im trying to keep the outlay on this bike down. Its also why Im being such a cheap bastard about the speedo too. Its part of the fun. If I can get this thing setup the way I want it for 500 bucks I'll be stoked. I even went as far as to charge the shock with my freakin air compressor just because I could. Its not like it'll ever get hot enough to matter...Im not riding moto on the thing....

haha, awsome dude. good work, i would love to build a junker bike just to beat the shit out of it.

There in lies the problem. This freakin bike is nice (for a 22 year old dirt bike) its got the original plastic on it, which cleaned up better than I would have thought possible. It runs great and all it really needs is a rear tire :banghead: the electrical works perfectly (head light will blind you) and Im torn with throwing buckets of money at it, or simply just cruising it as is... :banghead: I'll have to snap a couple pics and post them...you'll be surprized...

I just looked up the CRF50F key switch...new with new key in it is only 24 bucks at the Honda dealer...

Thats easy enough...

There in lies the problem. This freakin bike is nice (for a 22 year old dirt bike) its got the original plastic on it, which cleaned up better than I would have thought possible. It runs great and all it really needs is a rear tire :banghead: the electrical works perfectly (head light will blind you) and Im torn with throwing buckets of money at it, or simply just cruising it as is... :banghead: I'll have to snap a couple pics and post them...you'll be surprized...

I just looked up the CRF50F key switch...new with new key in it is only 24 bucks at the Honda dealer...

Thats easy enough...

cool man, get some pics up asap......general rule, it isnt worth putting money into somthing unless its almost new or ever 60 years old.