fixing dents in exhaust pipe!!!

Yes it can be done, but you have to be very careful not to over fill becuase the water will expand and can split your pipe. And yes you have to cap the ends.

It was explained to me that you do not have to cap the pipe. Fill the pipe with water approx 3" each side of the dent. Position it in your freezer so the water won't spill out. The water is supposed to freeze from the ends first so it was explained to me that it forms it's own "caps". The guy that said he was successful with this method said it took about three cycles of freezing to get the dent out 100% but it definitely worked :banghead:

Good Luck :banghead:

So do i just fill her up and stick it in the freezer? No need to block the ends? the reason i ask is when the wife comes home and looks in the freezer it wont be good. I wanna make sure this works for my sake.

I'm now implicating that method on my titanium dented header pipe.

you don't have to cap the pipe just fill it 3'' above the dent from each side.

my dent is very large (8cm long 3cm width and 1.5cm deep),so it will take allot of freezing cycles to bring it out.

as you know,water expand whenbecome ice, but only up to 10%, thou in my third cycle it looks to me that it's not working,but after another few cycles i was really able to sea the improve.

I'm now half the way after 16 !! cycles.

yes it's taking time but what other choice i have, after almost having my valves burned from increasing temp of the head (the pipe was dented half the way).

you can sea pic of the pipe before,in my garage,i will put another with the improve latter.

Sorry guys... i was just told that and have never had to do it my self... But had it explaind to me that if you freez a bottle of water with the lid in place it would expand therefore busting the bottle, But with the lid off the water would be forced out not doing any damage to the bottle. It sounds like you guys know what you are doing. :banghead:

Yes it works. It took me 3 trips to the freezer to get a 3 inch by 2 1/2 inch by 1 inch dent out of my FMF header. It does look like a small crack formed on the edge of where the dent was but on closer inspection it's just that the metal was stretched when the dent was formed. Now that the dent is gone you can see where the metal was stressed. No biggie ,it works fine.