HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Phuzzy McPhuzzface

650L Carb Kits vs Dave's (and others') mods

6 posts in this topic

Just looking for popular opinion on carb kits like Factory Concepts or FMF Power Up or DynoJet vs following Dave's (or other's write-ups) mods?

Are these overkill? Does it make more sense to just get the best/exact jets, and do it once for my average riding condition(s)?

(My 250R I just have two different main jets, and swap when going to the mountains)

I put the Dynajet in mine and I am seriously rethinking that decision. I will be doing the Dave's Mods here when my order of different jets show up from the dealer. I would (read should have started for me) start there as it is the most cost effective.

Hard to tell if those kits have keihin jets and needles, or otherwise.

The FMF kit looks too much like a dynojet kit to me.

The standard mods might leave you with a little fine tuning, but you'll be 95% there.

D

Hard to tell if those kits have keihin jets and needles, or otherwise.

The FMF kit looks too much like a dynojet kit to me.

The standard mods might leave you with a little fine tuning, but you'll be 95% there.

D

Dave--

The Factory Concepts one claims: "Jets included are top-quality Mikuni and Keihin; no aftermarket components", but the FMF makes no similar claim.

Your reputation precedes you; I think I'll give your recommendations a try first. :banghead:

Go with Daves mods ,we have all been down this road before ,they work better than the kits.

I have the DynaJet kit, and it workes perfectly ... BUT, it is WAY overpriced ... just go buy your Keihin jets, and do Dave's mods ... it will run fine and save you money :banghead: