Trade???

OK, this is probably blasphemy to propose on this forum, but I'll give it a shot anyway. If there is anyone in CA who might be interested in trading a 2004 (or newer) XR650R for a Suzuki DRZ400S, let me know. It's a sweet bike and in pretty close to perfect condition with less than 100 miles on it with CR Hi ProTapers and a bit of Lightspeed Carbon Fiber protection (fork wraps, frame guards). I am beginning to think that it's not the right bike for me though and I am interested in getting a BRP to build into a full blown desert machine (it's pretty close already). So, if anyone has any interest at all, drop me a note and let me know.

Actually I love the bike...it's a blast to ride, has a good amount of everything and as far as a DS bike is concerned...it's hard to beat. :banghead:

HOWEVER, I am faced with the option of A) a big bill for building this thing into a full bore desert beast OR :banghead: getting a BRP which is very nearly ready to go. I am pretty sure the DRZ is better in tight stuff and it's a very reliable bike, but it IS (as any DS bike) a compromise. It goes and with some VERY simple mods will go even better, but I like the additional torque and top end speed.

So...probably won't get any responses on this, but figured what the hell, might as well give it a shot...Cheers...

Again, my reply was not to be offensive. However, I've got numerous friends w/ DRZ's and can say that I carry more tools, just for them. Broken side cases(cheap and thin), radiator hoses, leaky drain plugs, dead batteries etcetc. Those bikes are heavy just like our XR's however the XR's are overbuilt, not heavy by poor design. The heads on those DRZ's make more abnormal noise than one could deal with. You'll love the ease/lack of maintenance on the xr. Valves are of a tappet system vs. bucket shim designs on the Zuk's. You could pull two DRZ's across the desert on the 650R and still hit 85mph. Good luck in your search. I'd try a dealer for a trade if I were you. Maybe put the bike on consignment where you're looking to purchase the bike.

No worries...didn't take it as offensive. I have dealt with most of the things that are problems (case guards, rad guards, etc)...those were a pain to have to deal with right off, but aside from that...the bike runs amazingly and can be modded to be an absolute beast upwards of 50HP...however I am thinking the path of least resistance may be more my style.

maybe some one in ca wants a street legal ds and not go through hell to get their lame non street legal r legal.

Where the hell did this come from? lame pal..C'mon, lame is the same engine/bike design for 20 years*coughLcough*. I can't wait till your gone. I tried to reason with your pre-pubescent personality but now...you just irritate ALL of us. Go away.

Good luck on the trade. I think it is worth a shot asking because there always is a chance someone is looking to ride more street than offroad and no longer wanting to ride the 650R.

BTW, I enjoy seeing this now on the forum. The ignore list is a beautiful thing! ----->

"This message is hidden because wr450fyamaha is on your ignore list."

C'mon, lame is the same engine/bike design for 20 years*coughLcough*.

I can understand why you sling the crap at WR450fyamaha, and from what I have read he deserves most of it and incourages it. But why do you have to slam all the other L riders when you do it, it is really getting LAME to try and read this section with out reading about how bad the L is

There are a few of us that dont use the bike for blasting around the desert and actually love to ride them the way they are. moral of this story slam wr450fyamaha dude all you want but remember just cuase he rides a L dont mean all of us suck.

I must agree, I probably read a lot more than I post. WR450 seems to run his mouth at inopportune times, saying nothing. I think he just wants his post count to go up, but that means you spend too much time behind your desk.

I am sure he gets a rise out of being the center of attention, but he reminds me of an annoying little brother saying a bunch of crap just to get a reaction. Obviously a not too highly educated kid with no real world experience.

I can understand why you sling the crap at WR450fyamaha, and from what I have read he deserves most of it and incourages it. But why do you have to slam all the other L riders when you do it, it is really getting LAME to try and read this section with out reading about how bad the L is

There are a few of us that dont use the bike for blasting around the desert and actually love to ride them the way they are. moral of this story slam wr450fyamaha dude all you want but remember just cuase he rides a L dont mean all of us suck.

Are you sleeping with him? :banghead:?:busted::busted::banghead: "R" elax....

Are you sleeping with him? "R" elax....

ah no, besides where did you pick up that I was defending him? I was defending anybody else that rides a L and is tired of hearing about how "L" ame our bikes are.

Where the hell did this come from? lame pal..C'mon, lame is the same engine/bike design for 20 years*coughLcough*. I can't wait till your gone. I tried to reason with your pre-pubescent personality but now...you just irritate ALL of us. Go away.

ill never be gone, just cuz i ride l doesnt mean im not allowed to post in the big bad r forum.