Which is best?

I have a 99 YZ400 and was wondering which oil filter is better the one reusable or the paper one?

Thanks

I would say the Stainless(the reusuable one) is the better of the 2.I believe the Scotts filters down to 35microns.Also the Ready Filter Comp flow is another good stainless oil filter.

For as much as I have changed my oil I would say the Scotts Stainless Steel filter has done me well. It wasn't cheap but it's done it's job and continues to do so.

I believe that the stock fliter in your 400 was paper correct?? My 02 426 came with the I belive it was Brass mesh screen type filter. I know its not stainless. they will both work in you bike. At my dealer the reusable one was actually a dollar cheeper than the paper one?? if i were you I would keep using the reusable one, and replace it about every 10 or so changes. or buy the best....... a Scotts stainless filter and never have to worry about it again!!!

The stock brass mesh filter that originally came with your bike filters to only 70-80 microns, and it can be cleaned, but it's relatively delicate.

Paper can go as fine as 20 microns for the very high quality units, and can even stop some of the finer debris, but they don't flow very freely, which can cause them to bypass unfiltered oil, and their quality can be somewhat variable from one lot to another.

The Scotts stainless filters to 35 microns, flows more oil than your pump could ever deliver, is reusable, and very durable. I know one guy who's had his for 4 years. The best buy of any available option, and worth every cent.

The stock brass mesh filter that originally came with your bike filters to only 70-80 microns, and it can be cleaned, but it's relatively delicate.

Paper can go as fine as 20 microns for the very high quality units, and can even stop some of the finer debris, but they don't flow very freely, which can cause them to bypass unfiltered oil, and their quality can be somewhat variable from one lot to another.

The Scotts stainless filters to 35 microns, flows more oil than your pump could ever deliver, is reusable, and very durable. I know one guy who's had his for 4 years. The best buy of any available option, and worth every cent.

So gray, what do you run?

OK thanks a lot for the advice, rigth now I'm running original Yamaha OIL Filter (the reusable), I don't think I can find Scotts filter here, but I LL try thanks a lot

Order one from the Thumper Talk store. You'll have to call and ask for it, but they'll get you one.

So gray, what do you run?
After all that, you have to ask?

Scotts. One for each bike.

Order one from the Thumper Talk store. You'll have to call and ask for it, but they'll get you one.

I'm in south America Mate

I'm in south America Mate

Worked for me and I'm even farther.

Worked for me and I'm even farther.

Where?, how do you get the stuff sended to you?

Emiliano, check your PM. :banghead: