HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bones717

Street gearing

1 post in this topic

I posted this in the supermoto forum also...last month, I put my 03 YZ450f on the street. I haven't done the conversion yet....No lights,no nothing. I plan on building it this winter, nice and easy so that it's ready come spring. I still want to do moto with it, so I'm keeping all of the dirt stuff. So here goes. I would like to know what the general ruling is on rear sprocket size. I wanna keep the front sprocket right where it's at to ease the weekly swap as easy as possible. I will take it out on the hi way on occasion, and I don't want to rev it, but want to be able to get going without killing the clutch. I had an '00 XR650R that had 14/43 and it cruised at 75mph nicely. Thats what I'm looking for. Thanks, Kelly from Crapchester NY.