HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
morkys

Yam WR 400 compared to CRF 250X?

5 posts in this topic

I am asking about this comparison for a good reason. I just recently rode a CRF 250X and really enjoyed it. I cannot budget for a CRF 250X though, so I wonder if a 1999 WR 400 would be somewhat comprable. I know the WR400 is a bit heavier and probably a fair bit more powerful, but would it be able to trail ride and do small jumps and tracks?

:banghead:

You said it heavier and more powerful. I loved mine but had to have a 04 WR450. The WR 400 will feel significantly different from the CRFx you rode.

I ride a 99 Wr 400 and one Friend has an 03 WR 250 and his brother has a CRF250x. I ride a lot of tight single track and I do all right with the big 400 but it does give me a workout. The WR 250 and CRF250x are more at home in these trails than my 400 but when the trails open up the 400 is more at home.

Out of these 3 bikes I would choose the WR 250 first for the type of riding I do.

I find it to be more responsive and more dependable than the CRFX. The weight

difference between my 400 and a 250 is well worth the power trade off.

Where are you in Ontario?

http://www.odsc.on.ca/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4988