HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jonnyrocket56

backfire problems

4 posts in this topic

is it okay if your bike backfires every now and then or is it okay for my 2002 YZ426F to backfire on every deceleration? also i would like to know what jets you guys us in your bike?

it could also be a leaking valve because my dad had a wr 426 that backfired every deceleration and it was a leaking valve, not exactly a good phone call when that came in

Is it backfiring or is it popping? I thought it was if it was popping your pilot is too lean and if it is backfiring your pilot jet is too rich. Thats how I understood it but not 100 %. Have you tried adjusting your fuel screw on the bottom of the carb?

The two major causes, once again, are a leak in the exhaust system, either at the midpipe/header joint, or at the head, and lean idle mixture.

Mild decel popping, or exhaust backfire is normal and harmless.