Rekluse Install Questions

I have my Rekluse in and have about a 10 mile ride on it after the initial break in directions from rekluse. My gap is right in the middle of where it should be. I am having a problem get the bike to stop lurching forward in gear. It will idle fine. The clutch plates are brand new(replaced at same time as rekluse intall). I do have the Rekluse Perch Adjuster installed w/ light spring.

:banghead: Also I am still having a problem with the bike stalling. I am not sure if my jetting is off or my idle is set to low or what. I know the rekluse instructions say set the idle at around 1500 rpm. I am not sure how to tell the idle rpm w/o a tach. The stalling occurs when I blip the throttle quickly following a short period with no throttle applied. It is almost as if the I am flooding the bike when this happens because I usually have to clear the engine with the decomp lever/hot start. Please help I am dying to use this thing to the full potential :banghead:

The lurching problem is normal and will go away as the rekluse breaks in. If your stalling problem started after you installed the rekluse then you should put your idle back to its normal setting and adjust your rekluse tension spring to engage from your normal idle speed. Good Luck!

I agree with 426, you need more tension on your perch spring or maybe try adjusting your clutch cable a little. The yz's do tend to lurch a little, and it does help to add some extra flywheel weight, but in slow technical you need to be more steady with the throttle. :banghead:

I ended up changing out the light spring with a heavy even though I don't ride motox. It pretty much stopped the lurching. I do have a flywheel weight already installed. It is a 14 oz from Zipty. I am planning on removing it though because I think that may be the cause of some of my problems. It may just be to much weight with the rekluse's added weight on the motor. I did trun up my idle to around 1850 rpm and I have not stalled since. If you all have anymore advice please tell me.

I ended up changing out the light spring with a heavy even though I don't ride motox. It pretty much stopped the lurching. I do have a flywheel weight already installed. It is a 14 oz from Zipty. I am planning on removing it though because I think that may be the cause of some of my problems. It may just be to much weight with the rekluse's added weight on the motor. I did trun up my idle to around 1850 rpm and I have not stalled since. If you all have anymore advice please tell me.

The rekluse only adds about 6oz of rotational weight, but it's not the same as flywheel wt. I run 10oz Zip-ty on my 450yz, and the whole set-up works great.

I use the light spring, and turn up the idle, works great.

BTW...I thought 12oz was the heaviest weight from Zip-ty.

i found that overly rich conditions will cause that burp and stall condition with the rekluse,if it happens anymore check your jetting :banghead: my 05 yz seemed extremely sensative in that regard compared to my 04 wr,maybe the faster primary drive has something to do with it. :banghead:

I just did a rekluse install, I have the same lurching a little bit. I think it's when you are sorta cruising low speed and almost idle and in between engagement and disengagement.

I have about 6 hours on mine now and I have noticed it less and less.

As for the cutting out could some of the balls not be broke in? or catching somehow causing it to stay engaged? or it could be the adjustment spring, I had to adjust mine a few times to get it to not crawl forward sitting in 1st gear. plus (as you have read) keep your idle low or it will stay engaged you can feel it engage when sitting on the bike while messing with the idle.