HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joe Reitman

Seeking YZ 450 Needle

14 posts in this topic

Anyone who has upgraded to the JD kit interested in selling me a YZ 450 needle? Or even an 04 WR 450 needle. My 05 needle is non-adjustable. :banghead:

I would just pay the $ for the JD kit but I am really cheap and want to at least try the YZ needle first :banghead:

After just installing the JD kit I can tell you it is well worth the money. The custom needles are great. :banghead: You are not that cheap, you bought a brand new bike. :banghead:

After just installing the JD kit I can tell you it is well worth the money. The custom needles are great. :banghead: You are not that cheap, you bought a brand new bike. :banghead:

Well, actually it had 1.2 miles on it. The guy was going to motard it, his deal on wheels fell through, then he found out he had to have wrist surgery, the bike sat for several months, then I bought it for $4600 (he had gotten a great deal on it so he did not take too big a bath). So I am pretty cheap. :lol:

But I digress. Anyone have the needle? Thanks. :lol:

OK, now which one do I need???

"13 NEEDLE STD

5TA-14916-LR-00 1 $8.67

13 NEEDLE AP

5TA-14916-LN-00 1 $8.50

13 NEEDLE AP

5TA-14916-LP-00 1 $8.67

13 NEEDLE AP

5TA-14916-L1-00 1 $8.50

13 NEEDLE AP

5TA-14916-LS-00 1 $8.50

13 NEEDLE AP

5TA-14916-LT-00 1 $8.50

13 NEEDLE AP

5TA-14916-LU-00 1 $8.50

13 NEEDLE AP

5TA-14916-PP-00 1 $8.50

13 NEEDLE AP

5TA-14916-P1-00 1 $8.50

13 NEEDLE AP

5TA-14916-PR-00 1 $8.50

13 NEEDLE AP

5TA-14916-PS-00 1 $8.50

13 NEEDLE AP

5TA-14916-PT-00 1 $8.50

13 NEEDLE AP

5TA-14916-PU-00"

I'd get the JD needles...how much is your time and frustration worth?...

Get the standard (STD) YZ needle and go from there...SC

I'd get the JD needles...how much is your time and frustration worth?...

Get the standard (STD) YZ needle and go from there...SC

oops- didn't notice this one: "13 NEEDLE STD

5TA-14916-LR-00 1 $8.67

I must be tired. Goodnight. :banghead:

Well, actually it had 1.2 miles on it. The guy was going to motard it, his deal on wheels fell through, then he found out he had to have wrist surgery, the bike sat for several months, then I bought it for $4600 (he had gotten a great deal on it so he did not take too big a bath). So I am pretty cheap. :banghead:

But I digress. Anyone have the needle? Thanks. :lol:

Man I wish I found that deal! Good job. :banghead: With that extra money you saved buy the JD kit. Just kidding. Good luck with the jetting.

Man I wish I found that deal! Good job. :banghead: With that extra money you saved buy the JD kit. Just kidding. Good luck with the jetting.

It was a once in a lifetime deal. Don't expect that to happen anytime in the near future again!

I have scoured the 04 and 05 YZ needles and am thoroughly confused. Unless I get some clarity, I have no choice but to spend the bucks on the JD kit...

ditto on the 04 wr needle,i'm running it in my 05 yz and wouldn't reccomend the stock yz needle for offroad. the 04 DWR needle is part # STJ-14916-WR-00 :banghead: probly $8.67 :banghead:

Thanks y'all- I did some serious internet "research" and found that for my low elevation and impending cool weather the old faithful DTM was probably the best bet.

The slightly shorter/richer "T" length of 81.85 was very close to the apparently similarly popular U 82.30 and V 82.75 lengths. If it is a bit rich I can drop it another clip or 2. I plan to start at #4 if that puts it slightly shorter/richer than the stock 05 needle.

The M width of 2.715 seemed to be a better/richer winter jet than the fairly popular P width of 2.735 and the stock 04 R width of 2.755.

It was a whopping $8.70, plus $5.48 for the 170 main and $6.73 for the 48 pilot. I hope this will work well. :banghead:

Thanks again for the input.

Update- installed needle in position #3, and 170 main, but not pilot.

Ran a bit rich, so I opened up the airbox and installed a YZ silencer. Perfection. :applause:

Have run it hard, mx and sx last few rides, lots of snapping the trottle open out of tight turns to make 40-60' jumps right after corner exit. No hesitation, more acceleration than my ported KX250/310. I am very happy with this jetting. :ride: