Yz450f raliability?

These bikes reliable or what? how do they compare to the crf and rmz?

I've owned a 400, 426, and now a 450. I have never had any problems out of them. Checked the valves once a year and thats it. Never had to adjust them either. Clean airfilter with regular oil changes and your yamaha will run forever!

I had to replace the 3rd gear set twice (wheel and pinion) .

The plastic chain slider on the swingarm actually wore through the swingarm right where the cast piece and the tube piece are welded together.

The machined alum part where the fork seals go, it's just a pressed on part and mine have come loose from the fork tubes. Enough oil comes out to collect a good amount of dust. I never had any top end problems at all. I rode the bike on average about 2 times a week for 2yrs and I will be buying a 06'.

I had to replace the 3rd gear set twice (wheel and pinion) .

The plastic chain slider on the swingarm actually wore through the swingarm right where the cast piece and the tube piece are welded together.

The machined alum part where the fork seals go, it's just a pressed on part and mine have come loose from the fork tubes. Enough oil comes out to collect a good amount of dust. I never had any top end problems at all. I rode the bike on average about 2 times a week for 2yrs and I will be buying a 06'.

Well, I'm not sure what you did to break the transmission twice, and I haven't seen the seal boss work off of a top tube before, but the slider problem is common to all YZ and YZF models. You can fix it by using a DesignWorks slider, gluing down the original, or You Can Do it My Way :banghead: