HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ADMIRAL

Yz450f raliability?

13 posts in this topic

These bikes reliable or what? how do they compare to the crf and rmz?

I've owned a 400, 426, and now a 450. I have never had any problems out of them. Checked the valves once a year and thats it. Never had to adjust them either. Clean airfilter with regular oil changes and your yamaha will run forever!

just browse this forum and then go browse the CRF RMZ forums....you will see a difference in the subjects of the most of the threads.

Without a doubt, the YZF's are THE most reliable of all the moto thumpers. I've had anvils that give me more trouble.

My '03 still has not needed its first valve adjustment, and only oil and tires have been replaced.

It is unfair to compare the reliablity of a YZF to that of a CRF or RMZ. Toyotas and sundials would be a better choice.

I had to replace the 3rd gear set twice (wheel and pinion) .

The plastic chain slider on the swingarm actually wore through the swingarm right where the cast piece and the tube piece are welded together.

The machined alum part where the fork seals go, it's just a pressed on part and mine have come loose from the fork tubes. Enough oil comes out to collect a good amount of dust. I never had any top end problems at all. I rode the bike on average about 2 times a week for 2yrs and I will be buying a 06'.

I've been racing and riding my '04 YZ450 for two years now and the top end is still in excellent shape. I have had problems with the rear brake master cylinder, but that is all. I WILL be getting an '06 for sure!

It is unfair to compare the reliablity of a YZF to that of a CRF or RMZ. Toyotas and sundials would be a better choice.

Bwahahahahaa :banghead:

These bikes reliable or what? how do they compare to the crf and rmz?

yes they are reliable............CRF and RMZ mucho mas maintenance......... :banghead:

I had to replace the 3rd gear set twice (wheel and pinion) .

The plastic chain slider on the swingarm actually wore through the swingarm right where the cast piece and the tube piece are welded together.

The machined alum part where the fork seals go, it's just a pressed on part and mine have come loose from the fork tubes. Enough oil comes out to collect a good amount of dust. I never had any top end problems at all. I rode the bike on average about 2 times a week for 2yrs and I will be buying a 06'.

Well, I'm not sure what you did to break the transmission twice, and I haven't seen the seal boss work off of a top tube before, but the slider problem is common to all YZ and YZF models. You can fix it by using a DesignWorks slider, gluing down the original, or You Can Do it My Way :banghead:

Nice one Gray..

I have a new 05 YZ450. but I am going to keep a close eye on the slider and when it needs changing I think I'll do your mod..:banghead:

Nice work on the swingarm guard.

I should of said, I had to replace the gears do to pitting on the tooth face not a total gear failure.

As for the seal boss's I know 2 other guys that had there forks do the same thing