XL650 tires?

Same here...

On a sidenote, does anybody know if a 5.10-18 will fit the rear rim? Is it just wider than stock, or what?

It'll fit...

The rear rim should be a 2.15 X 18

It would carry anything from a 4.50 to a 5.30 Or (100 thru 140)

You say death wings? Why is that? They dont stick on the dirt or the pavement?

I bought a 1983 XL600 brand new back in 83' and I could turn a corner on that thing in the street like crazy...There's a canyon (Turnbul canyon) road near my house that was up or down hill and at the time Id chase guys on GPZ550's up that hill and they could get away from me, but coming down, they had tire marks all over them by the time we got to the bottom...I could slide those stock Bridgestones with a nice predictablitly on the front and the rear...WAYYYY too much fun :banghead: ( I was a lot younger then)

I wore out the front one before I wore out the back! I doubt they still make that tire, but if they did, Id buy'em :banghead:

The Trailwings work great on pavement, and they're OK for very tame off-road riding (dirt roads, easy fire roads and trails). I use them for commuting, and it's very nice to not have the howl of my knobbies on pavement. They also last much longer on pavement. For the weekend's serious trail-riding, I switch to my wheels with knobbies on them.

Seldon