Voltage output of blue neutral wire

G'day, my bikes part at the moment,

i was wondering if anyone knew the output voltage of the blue wire, whilst in neutral?

i want to hook up an LED neutral light indicator and was wondering what ohm resistor to use.

thanks for any input :banghead:

The following is some info that ddialogue sent me a while back to hook up a neutral light:

"Put the bike in neutral. Locate the blue wire coming from the neutral switch and put a break in it (I pulled it from the plug.) Test continuity...this will only go to ground when the bike is in neutral. Install a diode (1N4148, I think) with the banded side towards ground. Connect one leg of bulb/led to the other side of the diode. Connect the other leg of the bulb/led to your power source. Test and wrap it all back up.

The neutral light "out" should go on the banded end of the diode... on the same end as the neutral switch. This isolates the CDI from the 12v coming from the power source."

I used a jumbo LED that was designed for 12 volts, so I didn't need a diode. Pretty easy job to do.

Anyone know where to find a jumbo "blue" LED?

ok i saw that aswell on my wiring diagram for my wr400f when i was adding a battery to my bike. I also noticed we should be able to hook it up to a led light that will tell us exactly what gear we are in. so if someone figures that out or just the neutral i would love to get the low down aswell. btw the keyed ignition is what im leaning on doing next. ill run a searc on TT and see what i come up with!

G'day, my bikes part at the moment,

i was wondering if anyone knew the output voltage of the blue wire, whilst in neutral?

i want to hook up an LED neutral light indicator and was wondering what ohm resistor to use.

thanks for any input :banghead:

About any resistor in line on the LED will work, maybe the same resistance at a bulb, but you should be able to do one with 25-50% more resistance than the bulb itself. I'd just use a 200 Ohm, should work just fine to run an LED