Options for head/cam journal fix

Hey guys

I ran the oil out of my 03 YZ 450 (on accident, obviously) and screwed up the intake cam and journal on the head. I am wondering what anyone else has done to get this fixed and what you found to be the most economical option, new head, repair, etc. If any of you have done the reweld and rebore option, let me know about how much it cost please. BTW, I can get a new head assy from my dealer for $500 ($90 less than MSRP). I have all winter to fix it, so something like ebay or another option like that could be an option, since it doen't have to be done by next week or anything.

thanks

Mike at Edco does an excellent job of repairing the journals, for far less than the cost of a new head.

http://www.enginedynamics.com/

Mike at Edco does an excellent job of repairing the journals, for far less than the cost of a new head.

http://www.enginedynamics.com/

You can debate over who does better competition valve jobs, but there's no doubt about this. Send it to EDCo.

Thanks for the tip, I called him and it will probably be about 1/5 of the price of a new head to get it repaired :banghead: , has anyone ever done this and had the valves bend or anything like that, everything else in the engine seemed fine, except for the intake cam and its journals, but I will take the valves out soon and check them as well.

Mike is the Man at this repair. Did me a fine job. Tdub

I suggest taking that saved money and also purchasing some Kibblewhite valves and springs. Your wallet will love you down the road for it.

Thanks for the tip, I called him and it will probably be about 1/5 of the price of a new head to get it repaired :banghead: , has anyone ever done this and had the valves bend or anything like that, everything else in the engine seemed fine, except for the intake cam and its journals, but I will take the valves out soon and check them as well.

engine dynamics is definately the way to go. I siezd the intake cam on my yz400 and buggered up the journals. Engine Dynamice fixed me up for like $100. Bike is still running fine to this day.

Definately send it to them. Highly recomended :banghead::lol: