HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blooozboy

New WR owner needs reassurance

11 posts in this topic

Hi All

Thanks for so much advice I have just bought an 02 WR 426 and have checked her over to the best of my ability any advice on keeping her running and any mods,I am in the UK

Thanks

Thanks,could you tell me of any mods for uk use i have followed links to the 250f section on mods but dont know if they are applicable to the 426 or for UK use as you can tell I am a really enthusiastic NOVICE

Thanks guys

The decomp cam mod makes it so you don't have to use the compression release to start the bike you just kick it . Instead having to bring it up to top then pull then decomp lever kick past top dead center and so on.

Cheers folks I will look into it.anyone tell me about the other mods mentioned ie:airbox grey wire and yz timing

thanks

airbox and grey wire--check out thuimperfaq.com under free mods. Don't know if they apply to your bike though--sorry

Hi All

Thanks for so much advice I have just bought an 02 WR 426 and have checked her over to the best of my ability any advice on keeping her running and any mods,I am in the UK

Thanks

Check out this site Not sure how much of it applies to the bikes sold in the UK but it has enough stuff to keep you busy for a while :banghead:

The grey wire mod won't apply on your bike.... Get into the habit of regular oil changes and be bloody careful not to overtighten anything, it's very easy to strip stuff especially things like the oil filter housing bolts :banghead:

The stock exhaust is beautifully quiet but does strangle the bike a fair bit, they do benefit from a pipe and a rejet. Don't buy anything too loud though :banghead:

Whereabouts are you?