Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jim_bo

06 WR450 suspension

6 posts in this topic

I checked the race tech website. For a 200lb rider, the forks spring rates are right on. However, the shock spring rate is 5.3 stock and 5.52 recommended.

Do you 05 & 06 WR450 riders think the stock shock is too soft? Have any of you replaced it? What were the results? Did you have to revalve?

Jimbo

At 210 lbs. I needed to upgrade to a 5.6 spring to get proper sag. I found that this allowed me to back off the hs compression to 1 3/8 or 1 1/2 turns and I ended up with a much more supple suspension. I'd sure play around with upgaded spring and adjusting the compession damping before I shelled out for revalving.

Farmer Hank

I'm at 200lbs and the stock shock and spring are fine. I was able to set proper sag and it feels fine to me, in fact i had to back of the clickers because it felt stiff because I ride mostly single track.

Racetech's recommendations are based on their valving rather than stock. It's a good rule of thumb to go one up from what they call for. I'm 220# and run a 5.8/.48 with great results...SC

Racetech's recommendations are based on their valving rather than stock. It's a good rule of thumb to go one up from what they call for. I'm 220# and run a 5.8/.48 with great results...SC

Stock valving??