HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jasonmcc

Broken bones, winning races and powdercoating

4 posts in this topic

Hi boys

Just raced the final round of our pony express series on sunday. We won the B grade 4-Stroke class and the Overall. But I also broke my collar bone half way into the race and my partner had to ride 5 laps straight. Anyone had a experience with a broken collar bone, anything that u should do.

Im thinking of powder coating my frame in 3 weeks when i might be able to pull apart my bike. What color/s do u think would look good?

And any of u blokes arguing about which bikes better me and my mate won the series on a stock xr400 and Wr400f, and there were lots of ktms that we blew away. The rider matters.

Cheers Jason

Great deal on the win, bad deal on the collar bone.

Check out the 250 side for the stock color in powder. I'd do mine in Black and add the One Industries , Hanna kit.

Bill

------------------

99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards , Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP #4, 50PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

I've broken mine twice. The one thing that helped me (against my dr. orders) was to start using it as soon as the xray shows that the bones are together. I did pushups while standing next to the wall - just pushing off the wall. Sounds stupid, but made my recovery so much quicker.

Good luck.

Mark