HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tiggerda1

yz 250 2-stroke or yz 450f for fmx??? help

9 posts in this topic

i am currently riding a 1995 kx250 i have been on a yz250f but found it didnt have quite as much go as i want.

dont know wether to get a 2005 yz250 2stroke or a 2005 yz450f. the 450 is only 4kg heavier so that shouldnt be a problem would it??

i like all kinds of trail and enduro but also like freestyle mx. is the 450 good for fmx?? please help

check out the yz250 converts thread. I just switched from a 450 to a YZ250. I think for FMX you would want the 2 stroke for it's light weight.

JP

i've checked out the weights and the 450 is only 4 or 5 kg heavier. other than that would the yz450f be a good bike to jump?

Yeah 2 smoke is defiantly the way to go for FMX especially if your going to do flips, don't gotta worry about oil leaving your engine.

Yeah 2 smoke is defiantly the way to go for FMX especially if your going to do flips, don't gotta worry about oil leaving your engine.

You know I never thought about it but that is a good point. Regardless, the additional weight and need to wind up quick, I would think the 2-Stroke would be the best choice. You could always ask the question this way. - How many current FMX riders are riding 4-Strokes? :banghead:

i've checked out the weights and the 450 is only 4 or 5 kg heavier. other than that would the yz450f be a good bike to jump?

Wieght is an advantage of the 2 stroke, but not the real main reason I would say.

What happens if you chop the throttle on a 4 stroke when jumping...yea, not pretty.

Well when you take your hands off the handlebars to do a FMX trick, well its letting off the gas, and trust me, don't do it on a thumper unless you want to land a front flip.

thanks guys, i'm still not sure though, i dont know what to do, i want a 4stroke but i need to find out how the 450 performes with jumps. does anyone know of any fmx riders who ride 450's??

a 450 is a motocross bike so it is going to handle jumps awsome

but i would reccomend the 2-stroke for what you are doing

I think you will like the power of the 450, but you will soon find out it is more fun to ride a two stroke,

GO FOR THE SMOKER~~!