426 Fuel Endurance question

I don't have a lot of time on my '00 426 but I will be entering my first scrambles race (or any dirt race) since about 1976. :banghead:

Does the stock fuel tank hold enough for a 1 hour race through the woods? I know there are a lot of variables such as how many straights and how long I can hold the throttle WFO but post your thoughts and experience here and let me know if you think I'll need to plan for a pit stop.

I don't have a lot of time on my '00 426 but I will be entering my first scrambles race (or any dirt race) since about 1976. :banghead:

Does the stock fuel tank hold enough for a 1 hour race through the woods? I know there are a lot of variables such as how many straights and how long I can hold the throttle WFO but post your thoughts and experience here and let me know if you think I'll need to plan for a pit stop.

i could go almost 60 miles on my 98 400 riding hard and i think the tanks are close to the same size.you wont have any prob.

I agree. I like to ride hard and I am on the gas as much as possible all the time. I can ride a good 2-3 hours on my 00' 426. Now like you said there are other factors, and possibly, if you were in 5th pinned you couldn't make it that long, but I doubt you'll have any issues at all.

You wont have problems I use to ride Hard my YZ 400 for 3 Hours in the woods and I don't Need to refill. They have the same tank

2-3 hours is all I ever get. But, that should be long enough.

I raced an hour long Grand Prix race a month ago and used a full tank. 30-40 miles is all I got on the tank. But, it was wide open 70% of the time.

ive raced many hr long grands prix with my 400f and have never run out.

play riding i can usually go 55- 60 miles with out sweatin it

All of the races except the Harvey Mushman 100 at the Elsinore GP are 45 minutes long, and there are two 80mph+ paved straights. :banghead::banghead: Nobody runs out of gas with a YZF.

In the desert, the stock tank on my 450 will take me about 40 miles, depending.