Anodizing Spray

I agree with schuon.

Excel anodize their rims. If powdercoating was better, I'm sure they would do it. But they don't.

Powdercoating is tough as nails. Ever wonder why John deer tractor parts are powder coated? Because it is durable, and still looks good. Powder coating is too labor intensive for excel to do it. They pump out tons of rims each day, and powder coating takes time to cure, and would be hard for a machine to evenly coat parts with. Anodizing is just letting them hang in a vat of acid for a few hours, and then pull them out. Powdercoating also adds mass.

Powdercoating is tough as nails. Ever wonder why John deer tractor parts are powder coated? Because it is durable, and still looks good. Powder coating is too labor intensive for excel to do it. They pump out tons of rims each day, and powder coating takes time to cure, and would be hard for a machine to evenly coat parts with. Anodizing is just letting them hang in a vat of acid for a few hours, and then pull them out. Powdercoating also adds mass.

there is also alot more places that do powder coating and from my understanding PC is alot easier,it is alot like painting but i think it is electro magnetic, i might be wrong, but anodizing has alot more red tape for a shop to open up with all the chemicals and stuff. that why there are also alot more powder coaters around

I guess it's only the hub he was talking about... I was checking this site that does MX rims and hubs and the note at the bottom says he wont do hubs because it weakens them. Does this sound like a good price for him to strip down, polish, anodize and build back to specs?

there is a guy here in my town that will break down your rim minus the tire for $45 a rim. he will clean you spokes and hubs while you rims are sent off to get powder coated or anodized. and then he will put it all back together and tru it. there is also a guy in my town that will powdercoat your rims for $20 a rim. i might have got them anodized if it was not so convienant to get them powder coated.