HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bg10459

BRP Submount Questions

8 posts in this topic

As funds are tight right now, I'll be piecing together a Submount system over the winter. My question is, will the Submount fit on any top triple clamp? Or will it only fit the BRP / Scotts clamp? I've heard it will not work with the Applied clamps, but what about GYT-R, Renthal , Tag, etc. Why is it they will not work with certain clamps? Is it the bolt hole spacing or diameter?

Thanks in advance.

Don't know exactly what your question is, however, I bought the BRP sub-mount stabilizer for my 05WR450.

The stock triple clamp cannot be used, BRP sold me the Applied Triple Clamp and Applied Bars with the stabilzer. The all work great and was super easy to install.

I would just call them and ask what Triple will work for this bike, this stabilzer ect...

They also can be flexible on price if you ask nice :banghead:

Don't know exactly what your question is

Let me re-phrase.

1. Will the Submount fit on any top triple clamp? Or will it only fit the BRP / Scotts clamp?

2. I've heard it will not work with the Applied clamps, but will it work with either the GYT-R, Renthal , Tag, or other clamps?

3. If not, why is it they will not work with certain clamps?

Based on their website (brpit.com), it looks like they only offer kits for Honda and KTM oem clamps. Give 'em a call and ask. Their customer service guys are top notch :banghead: . I called once with tons of questions and they straightened me out.

Jerry

Thanks, but I understand that I will need an aftermarket clamp. I just want to know if any clamp will do, or if it must be a BRP / Scotts. I've heard they will push their clamps, so I ask the pros around here.

Do you already have an aftermarket clamp? If so, I see your dilemma and the best way towards a solution is to give them a call. If you don't, then buying the whole package from them is the least expensive way to go, by far, unless you find one on EBay, or have someone willing to sell one to you that "fell off the back of a truck" :banghead: ...SC

I have a BRP triple clamp for the sub mount that has only been used for a few weeks... PM me offline if you are interested!